Chunky tomato relish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 small fresh red chilli halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 500 grams ripe vine-ripened tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the tomato to the onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the tomato breaks down. Add the sugar and vinegar, and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Set aside to cool.