I got this recipe from Taste.com.au Katsu chicken is a Japanese recipe that is easy to make. It’s sure to become a family favourite.
Katsu Chicken with Green salad & Rice
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 large chicken breasts fillets
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups lettuce iceberg or what ever you have in the fridge
- 1 telegraph cucumber halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- medium grain rice cooked, to serve
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Combine tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and mustard in a bowl. Set aside until required. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to form 2 thin fillets. Place flour on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon of water in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Toss 1 piece of chicken in flour to coat. Dip in egg mixture, then toss in breadcrumbs. Drizzle chicken with sauce and sprinkle with green onion. Serve with green salad, rice and lemon wedges.