Penne with Smoked Kransky,Smoked Spanish Serrano ham in a white wine sauce
For a quick and easy meal mid week. Just remember you can add what ever is in your fridge and pantry.
- 10 slices smoked serrano ham or what ever ham you have
- 1 smoked kransky sausage sliced
- 1/2 red capscium chopped small
- 1 medium brown onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup cream
- handful parsley chopped for garnish
- 500 grams penne cooked to packet directions, reserve 1 cup of pasta water for later
- salt & pepper
- In a clean frypan add 1 tbsp oil on medium heat and cook onion and capscium until onion is soft.Set aside in a bowl to use later. Add kransky to pan and cook till nice golden colour. Cook serrano for 1 minute. Return the onion and capscium back to the sausage and serrano . Add the wine and cook till alcohol is cooked off, add the cream allow to thicken slightly. When pasta is cooked drain and reserve a cup of the pasta water. Add pasta to the other ingredients and mix together gently. Season. Garnish with chopped parsley.