100 grams butter, softened
180 grams caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200 grams self raising flour
125 mls milk
200 mls dark chocolate
1/2 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with patty cases.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the patty cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Check with a skewer and if it comes out clean they are cooked.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and cream in the microwave for 20 seconds bursts, checking. Do this until chocolate is melted.
- Stir chocolate and cream until all chocolate is melted and incorporated into the cream. Leave to cool, to allow to thicken slightly.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled. Mix ganache and put into a piping bag and pipe on top of cupcakes.
- If you want to double amount of these, just add double amount of ingredients and triple ingredients if you want a triple batch.