baked pork chops with pear and ginger beer
3 green Williams pears, peeled and cored
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, shredded
4 pork chops
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup ginger beer
1/4 cup cream
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1-2 Tbsp fresh thyme or 1-2 tsp dried thyme
- Cut pears into quarters. Place in a large lasagna style baking dish and scatter over the ginger. Drizzle with olive oil, season with s alt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Brown pork chops on both sides in a dash of oil in a very hot frying pan. Cook about 2 mins on each side. Arrange chops on top of pears.
- Put dish with pork chops and pears in the oven reducing the temperature to 180C for 25-30 minutes or until pork is tender. Thicker pork chops may take a little longer.
- Serve with creamy mash potatoes and vegetables.
- If you want a thicker sauce, just use 1 tsp cornflour and 2 tsp water, mixed together and add to liquid in dish, or just leave the sauce as is.