A great tasting Japanese dish which is easy to make and could be a family favourite. Give this dish a go and you will be glad you did.
230 grams ramen noodles
100 grams chicken breasts, thinly sliced
100 grams half small onion, sliced
100 grams cabbage, 2 leaves, chopped
1 medium carrot, julienned
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Boil noodles , according to packet directions.
When noodles are done, rinse well in cold water. Toss with 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil to keep noodles from sticking to each other.
- Prep vegetables and make the sauce, by whisking Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, honey, oyster sauce and white pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan or wok over high heat until hot.
Add 1 Tablespoon of oil along with the chicken. Fry until chicken is cooked .
- Add carrots, onion and cabbage and stir fry using two spatulas until the vegetables are vibrant in colour and starting to wilt.
Add the noodles and toss with the oil in the pan. If they stick add more oil directly on the noodles.
- Drizzle the sauce evenly over the noodles and continue tossing and frying until the noodles are uniform in colour and you can smell the sauce start to caramelize.
Plate the Yakisoba and sprinkle with sliced green onion to garnish.