A nice apple and pear cake with a tasty topping that can be enjoyed with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.
1 hr 5 minutes
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups raw diced apple
2 cups raw diced pear
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
60 grams butter
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F and line a 9 x 13 inch pan or springform pan with baking paper.
- Mix all the cake ingredients in a bowl by hand in order.
- Peel and cut the apple and pear.
- Put half of the cake mix in the bottom of the pan and spread. Add half of the apple and pear and than put the rest of the cake on top. Try to cover most of the fruit, but it doesn’t matter.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cake is cooked when a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leave cake to cool in tin for 10 minutes and then take out of tin and cool on cake rack.
- In a saucepan mix all ingredients and bring to a slow boil for 3 minutes. Pour over the cake and return to the oven for 4 minutes.
- Cut cake and serve with icing sugar drizzled on top or whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.