These are easy to make and great tasting crackers.
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2/3 cup cold water
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
coarsely ground sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 190 C. Line and grease 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, 1/2 tsp salt in the bowl food processor and pulse to combine.
Add butter and pulse to combine.
Add vegetable oil and pulse to combine.
With food processor on low speed, slowly drizzle in the water until the dough begins to form a ball. Remove dough from food processor and wrap in plastic wrap. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface , roll out dough as thin as possible.( Thin like crepes works best).
Cut dough into desired shapes with a cookie cutter, or cut rectangles or squares with a knife or pizza cutter and arrange on prepared baking trays.
- Gather scraps of dough and re-roll until all dough is used. ( If you have trouble to get the dough to roll thin enough, let it rest for another 10 minutes, then come back to it.
Using a toothpick , prick several holes in each cracker, ( Don’t skip this step, you will not have nice flat crackers if you don’t).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven, brush the tops with melted butter and immediately sprinkle with coarsely ground sea salt. ( If you don’t sprinkle the salt on the melted butter right away, it won’t stick.)
Remove from baking sheets and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.