Any sweet tart with creme patisserie and any fresh fruit , is a tart made in heaven . This is a tart that would be so hard to have just one slice.
15 minutes+ 30 resting time for pastry
10 minutes blind bake + 10 minutes to cook tart case.
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup icing sugar
125 grams butter, chilled and chopped
2 tsp chilled water
- Creme Patisserie
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp butter
1-2 punnets fresh strawberries, sliced in half.
- Place flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and water and process until mixture just comes together. Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc and cover with cling wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Roll out the pastry to fit a round tart tin 24 cm, with a removal bottom. Roll out to a thickness of 3 mm to cover bottom and up the sides. Line the tray firstly with baking paper and than lay pastry into tin. Preheat oven to 200 C. Apply baking beans or rice to blind bake the pastry firstly for 10 minutes. Remove baking beans or rice and return to oven for another 10 minutes until tart case is cooked and golden.
- Creme Patisserie
- Cream egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch together. Heat milk in a saucepan, bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add little at a time to the egg mixture, until all incorporated. Return egg mixture back to the saucepan and stirring with a whisk continuously on medium heat until creme patisserie is thick.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, then add butter and mix until butter is melted. Pour into a clean container and cover with cling wrap and allow to cool completely.
- Assembling tart. Have fresh berries ready. Add creme patisserie to tart case and smooth top. Decorate top with what ever fresh berries you have.