If you love pancakes than you will love these buttermilk pancakes with your choice of toppings.
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup self raising flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
- Place egg, sugar and vanilla into a mixing bowl, then whisk until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the buttermilk into the egg mixture until combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into buttermilk mixture and whisk until smooth, ensuring no lumps are present.
- Using a non-stick fry pan on a medium high heat, place 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the bubbles appear on the pancake, flip it over and cook for a further 30 seconds.
Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with your choice of toppings.