I like to try different curries from around the world. So this is my version of a Sri Lankan coconut chicken curry. Give it a go.
200 grams brown basmati rice, cook from packet directions
pinch of salt
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground tumeric
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp chilli powder
40 grams butter
1 large brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cm piece of fresh ginger, minced
2 tsp tomato paste
600 grams chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3 cm pieces
250 mls coconut milk
2 fresh tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
1 cup fresh snow peas
- Firstly cook your basmati rice, follow the packet directions.
- Cut chicken thigh fillets into 3 cm pieces.
- Place paprika, coriander, cumin, tumeric, pepper and chilli powder in a pan and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add butter , onion, ginger, garlic and tomato paste. Stir till well combined.
- Add chicken to spice mixture ans stir to combine. Stir in coconut milk. Cook for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Season well. Serve with cooked rice and snow peas.