Honey soy garlic meatballs
These are moreish meatballs in a honey soy garlic marinade.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 500 grams pork mince
- 1/4 cup spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Place ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat. Simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Place the breadcrumbs and a 1/4 cup of the chicken stock into a small bowl. Mix and allow to soak for a minute until softened.
- In another bowl place the remaining ingredients and 3 tablespoons of the marinade. Add the softened breadcrumbs and mix until just combined. Try not to over mix, as the more yo mix, the tougher the meatballs will be. Roll into golf ball sized meatballs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick frypan over medium heat. add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Set the meatballs aside.
- Add the remaining marinade and the meatballs back into the pan. Turn down and simmer until the sauce and the meatballs are warm. Serve a meatball either inside a lettuce leaf and sliced cucumber and sliced tomato.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!