My take on Irish Potato Scones
Potatoes are a very versatile tuber vegetable. They can be fried, baked, boiled, mashed, roasted. This is my take on the Irish potato scone I call potato cake. They serve these scones hot with maple syrup, golden syrup or butter.
- 2 cups boiled mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp butter, (not margarine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mash potatoes, add butter and salt. Add as much flour as potatoes will take without becoming too dry. Turn out onto a floured board, roll until 1/4 inch thick. Cut out circles and prick all over with a fork.
- In a non stick frypan dusted with a little flour, I cooked on medium high heat. When darker small spots appear they are cooked. Put on a plate and cover with foil and put in the oven to keep warm, while you cook the others.
- Serve hot with what ever meats you cook.