A one bowl chocolate cake recipe that is quick, easy and delicious.
This is a moist and tasty chocolate cake that is too good to only have the one piece.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup black cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or almond milk, coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C . Prepare two 9 inch cake pans or other 9 inch cake tins and spray with baking spray and line with baking paper.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment , stir through the flour mixture until well combined.
- Add the vegetable oil, milk, eggs and vanilla to the flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
- Distribute the cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake tins. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, remove from the tins and cool completely.
- Once cake is cooled, you can decorate it how ever you like it. I made a simple chocolate icing. Whipped some cream and added fruit of the forest jam.