Chicken and Beef Lettuce cups
These beef and chicken-filled lettuce cups make a light meal or entree.
350 grams beef stir fry strips
1 chicken breast, cut into strips
1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp Alfa One rice bran oil
100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
8 butter lettuce leaves, washed, dried
1 sweet potato, cut into a spiral, and fry for garnish (can use fried shallots)
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp brown sugar
- Combine beef, lemongrass, garlic, and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 4 minutes or until softened. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Place noodles in a bowl.
- Dressing: Place hoisin sauce, fish sauce, lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the beef mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining beef mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of rice bran oil to the wok and cook the chicken strips. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned and cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Place lettuce leaves on a platter. Divide noodle mixture between lettuce cups. Top with beef and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with fried sweet potato or fried shallots. and remaining mint and coriander. Serve immediately.