A salad with tastes of nectarine and cucumber and almonds, with a not too spicy dressing. A good accompaniment to any meal.
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 sml green chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow or white nectarines, halved,seed removed, thin wedges
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup almond flakes, lightly toasted
- sml fresh mint, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves to serve
- Place the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add the chilli and stir to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool completely.
- Combine the nectarine, cucumber, almond and shredded mint in a bowl.
- Gradually add the oil to the vinegar mixture and whisk until combined. Pour the dressing over the nectarine mixture and gently toss until just combined. Divide among serving plates. Top with mint leaves and season with pepper. Serve immediately.
This salad can be made with other fruit and nut variations.
Sodium: 6mgCalcium: 191mgVitamin C: 12mgVitamin A: 630IUSugar: 41gFiber: 10gPotassium: 924mgCalories: 651kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 44gProtein: 15gCarbohydrates: 58gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!