Coconut chicken curry with potatoes, green beans and choy sum with brown rice.
A chicken curry made with curry powder, with the addition of vegetables and brown rice. A delicious aroma of coconut cream and vegetables.
- 1 kg chicken thighs, skinless & boneless, cut into bite sized pieces or chicken breast
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder or curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 400gram tin coconut cream
- salt if desired
- 1 cup brown rice or white rice
- 1 bunch choy sum ( or any Asian vegetable)
- 1/2 cup green beans
- Prepare all vegetables. Cut chicken into cubes. Cook your rice to packet directions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter into a large pan on medium low heat and let it melt. Add curry powder. Mix it together with the ghee until well blended.
- Turn up the heat, medium high. Add coconut milk and mix well.
- Add potatoes to coconut curry, bring to a boil and then let simmer.
- In another pan add 2 tablespoons of ghee, once ghee melted add the onions and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to cook evenly.
- Add the chicken, onion, and garlic mixture to the coconut curry. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, or when the potatoes and meat are cooked. Add the green beans and choy sum, and cook till the beans are cooked and the choy sum is wilted. Remove from the heat and serve on brown or white rice.