Easy Apple Crumble
A favourite winter dessert that is so easy to make and ready in no time. A crunchy crumble topping with apple.
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored , chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 60 grams butter
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven 180C or 160C fan forced.
- In a saucepan, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice and water over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until the apple is softened.
- For the crumble, combine the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon and butter in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub in the butter, to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Drain off most of the liquid and transfer apples into a oven- proof dish, or ramekins. Whatever you have. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.