750 grams chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, diced
2 cm piece ginger, grated
1 cinnamon stick
4 cardamon pods, crushed
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 1/2 cups basmati rice, rinsed
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup frozen peas
2 Tbsp tandoori paste
- Combine yoghurt and tandoori paste in a zip lock bag. Add chicken and mix well to coat. Set aside.
- Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion , carrot, ginger and spices and stir for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant and onion has softened.
- Add rice and stir well to coat with spice mix. Stir in stock , peas and 1 tsp salt.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered for 20 minutes or until rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Slice chicken and serve with vegetable pilaf.