150 grams dried pitted dates, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp baking soda
5 Tbsp boiling water
150 grams coconut oil
100 grams caster sugar
100 grams brown sugar
150 grams plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
300 grams rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line tow large trays with baking paper.
- Place the date, baking soda and boiling water in a medium bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak.
- Mean while use an electric mixer to mix the sugars and coconut oil together until light and creamy. Add egg and beat until just combined.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon , oats and date mix. Press tablespoon size of mixture together and place on tray, 3cm apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until light golden .