Chicken pieces marinated in a tasty mixture of red curry paste and coconut, cooked to perfection and served up with peanut sauce.
680 grams skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp red curry paste
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp oil
- Peanut Sauce
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup coconut milk
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/3 cup chicken stock, to your desired consistency
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Before you get started, if using bamboo sticks, soak them in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes- it prevents them from burning during the cooking process. Also you can use metal skewers.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes with coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, red curry paste, curry powder, sugar and lime juice. You can also let this sit overnight if time permits.
- While the chicken is marinating , prepare the peanut sauce by
combining peanut butter, coconut milk, chilli sauce, lime juice, chicken stock, soy sauce, fish sauce and garlic in a bowl. Mix all together and set aside for later.
- Skewer the chicken on bamboo skewers or metal skewers.
- The chicken skewers can be cooked on the grill or bbq. I cooked these in a heavy based fry pan. Preheat pan first and then add the chicken, turn down the heat to medium or medium low if it’s browning too fast. Cook chicken evenly turning it until golden on all sides and chicken is cooked through. Serve with peanut sauce and enjoy.