A quick tasty pasta bake with smoked salmon or tuna.
300 grams dried macaroni pasta
40 grams butter
2 Tbsp plain flour
2 cups milk
2 125 gram tins smoked salmon slices, drain off liquid
3/4 cup cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Lightly grease an 8 cup-capacity ovenproof dish. Cook pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk until combined. Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Season with pepper.
- Add to pasta with tuna and reserved cooking liquid. Toss to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve.
- Parmesan toast
- Cut 4 slices of bread, butter one side and grate parmesan cheese on top.
- Heat a non stick fry pan and cook parmesan toast until golden on both sides. About 1 minute each side. Cut in half and serve with the salmon pasta bake.