There are many recipes for cupcakes out there and I am always on the lookout for a new or easier recipe to make. This is a very easy recipe to make and something you could get the kids to help . Use what ever combinations you like. Decoration is what ever you like.
100 grams butter, softened
180 grams caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200 grams self raising flour
125 mls milk
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with patty cases.
- Cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla, till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until just combined. Alternately add flour and milk and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the patty cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cupcakes are cooked when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can make a simple icing or alternately a Swiss buttercream.
- 1 quantity Swiss meringue buttercream recipe