Brioche- Inspired by Dean Brettschneider
- 500 grams high grade flour
- 50 grams white sugar
- 12 grams dried yeast
- 60 grams cold water
- 300 grams 6 eggs room temperature
- 200 gram butter softened
- Place flour,sugar, salt and yeast into a large mixing bowl and mix all ingredients together. Add the water and the eggs.
- Using a wooden spoon combine the ingredients until a dough mass has formed. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-8 minutes. The dough becomes strong and elastic and smooth.
- Place dough into a lightly oiled large bowl cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 60 minutes, the dough should have almost doubled in size.
- Remove the plastic wrap and tip dough onto the bench and gently deflate the gassed dough by folding in onto itself 3-4 times.
- Return to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator overnight at least 12 Hrs. This allows the dough to be workable and easier to work into the final shape.
- Next day remove the dough from fridge and shape as required.
- Can divide into 2 and place into 2 greased loaf tins. Take care to stretch the edges under to create a nice rounded top.
- Cover again and leave to rise for 30 - 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Remove plastic and egg wash the loaf.
- Place in a pre heated oven 190C to 200C. Bake for 15-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Leave in tin to cool for 30 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!