This focaccia bread is a recipe I learnt to make when I was doing chef training. It is a simple bread recipe to make and I use this bread base for making my pizza bases, pullapart breads, rolls.
- 300 mls tepid water warm not hot
- 3 tsp dried yeast
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- olive oil extra to brush on dough
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mix and pour yeast liquid into the flour mix with a knife to bring the dough together.
- Knead the dough for about 5mins.
- Sprinkle flour into a bowl, put the dough into a bowl cover with the glad wrap that has been sprayed or brushed with canola oil and a tea towel.
- Let it rise for at least an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Take the dough out, roll out slightly then press out dough with your fingers on a flat rectangular tray that is lined with baking paper.
- Press to the corners and use thumb or finger to make dimples in dough and then let rise again till doubled in size.
- Brush olive oil on top of the dough can add dried herbs, sea salt, or whatever you like before putting bread in the oven. Once risen bake in 220c oven 10-15 mins
- Can add any filling you want on the focaccia Eg: dried or fresh herbs, chopped bacon, grated cheese. You can mix any filling through the uncooked dough and put it on top as well. The choices are endless.