Pork Meatballs in sesame sauce with basmati rice
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce for sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce extra for meatballs
- 1 egg
- 500 grams ground pork
- In a bowl add pork, breadcrumbs, egg, ginger, green onions, ½ tsp soy sauce, garlic. Mix together to form into teaspoon sized balls. Place on a tray lined with foil. Cook for 35-40 minutes.
- While meatballs are in oven. Add 4 cups of water to rice and cook in a saucepan with lid over a medium heat for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let rice brew, while preparing other food. Do not remove.
- In saucepan combine ½ cup water, ½ cup soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Heat over low heat, cook for a few minutes until sugar has dissolved. Thicken with cornflour mixed with water. Add remaining ingredients to pan, cook on medium heat until it thickens. Add meatballs to sauce. Cover meatballs in the sauce.
- Fluff rice with a fork, place on the plate. Add 5 meatballs, pour sauce and chopped green onion for garnish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!