Chicken Thigh with fennel and smoked paprika with roasted veg and green beans
- 4 chicken breasts (skin on).
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup green beans steamed
- Your choice of roasted veg
- Oil for frying
- Mix fennel seeds, smoked paprika with salt and pepper in a bowl. Score slits in the skin of the breasts. Rub the fennel mix over the skin of the breasts.
- In a large pan able to go in the oven. Add oil to pan on medium high heat and skin side down cook the skin to get a nice colouring. Turn over and cook the rest of the chicken for about 5 minutes. Once good colour is achieved put the chicken in the pan into a 180 C oven for 10-15 minutes to finish cooking in the oven. Check to see chicken is cooked through. If not cooked within the time frame allow a little longer till cooked.
- Cut your veg of choice for roasting. Cut into even sized pieces to allow even cooking. This should be your first job to allow the veg to cook while you are doing the breasts.
- In a pot cook your beans till firm and still nice and green in colour about 3 minutes. Once all is cooked and chicken has rested cut chicken thickly on the diagonal and serve on top of roasted veg and green beans on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!