Lemon Syrup Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams butter softened
- 2 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.75 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 - 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp hot water
- Mix till you get a runny smooth consistency ice top of loaf once cooled.
- Pre-heat oven 180 C. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Beat egg and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs, lemon rind, mix to combine. Add flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Mix till combined and spoon into loaf tin.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Poke holes all over the loaf and heating the syrup up in the microwave for about 2 short bursts of 30 seconds pour syrup over the loaf and allow it to be absorbed.
- Leave to sit for 30 minutes and then take out of the tin and put on a plate. You can add an icing on top if you like, just follow the icing directions. You can leave the loaf just with the syrup on, or make a simple icing on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!