I get a lot of recipes and ideas from Taste.com.au. I follow the recipe the first time and then tweak it to the way I like it.
Asian spice Pork Rissoles
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger peeled
- 2 small red chillies roughly chopped
- 1 stalk stalk lemongrass bruised
- 4 green onions roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 750 grams pork mince
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 cups steamed jasmine rice to serve
- sweet chill sauce to serve
- Combine garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass, green onions and coriander in a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add mince and egg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using clean hands, mix until well combined.
- Using 2 heaped tablespoons mixture at a time, roll mixture into 16 balls.
- Flatten slightly. Place rissoles on a plate.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Preheat a greased barbecue plate on medium-low heat.
- Spray both sides rissoles with oil.
- Cook, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long, thin strips from cucumbers.
- Spoon rice into bowls.
- Top with rissoles, cucumber and sweet chilli. Serve.