125 grams butter
2/3 cup golden syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
200 grams self raising flour
1 Tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp mixed spice
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease 2 mini loaf tins.
- Stir butter and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat, until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Cool
- Place flour, ginger and mixed spice in a large bowl.Add eggs, buttermilk and golden syrup. Stir to combine.
- Pour evenly among the prepared tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add lemon juice to make a runny paste, adding a little water if needed. Set aside to set.