Two tone shortbread
250 grams butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer , cream butter, sugar and vanilla until pale.
- Add flour and cornflour. Stir to combine. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead gently until smooth.
- Divide dough in half. Add cocoa to 1 portion. Knead until well combined.
- Roll chocolate dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper to form a 22cm x 32cm rectangle. Repeat with plain dough. Place plain dough on top of chocolate dough. Roll dough up like a Swiss roll, starting from 1 long side. Wrap in baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Cut log into 8mm thick rounds. Place on trays. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake 2 trays at a time, for 12-15 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Allow to cool on trays. Serve.