Lovely banana and nut muffins help to keep the cravings at bay.
3 cups plain flour, ( do not over measure)
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup or 200 grams light brown sugar
1/4 cup or 50 grams granulated sugar
1 cup or 240 mls milk, at room temperature
1/3 cup or 80 mls canola oil
3/4 cup mashed bananas ( 2 small very ripe bananas)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup or 140 grams chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup thinly sliced bananas for topping
- Preheat oven to 210 C for 5 minutes, then lower to 190C for 20-25 minutes. Line a 12 cup muffin tin or alternatively spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl , add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, granulated sugar.
- In another bowl add eggs, oil, vanilla extract, mashed banana and milk. Mix all together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Add the nuts and mix till just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill trays 2/3 ‘s full and top with sliced.
- Bake on 210 C for five minutes and then lower oven to 190 C for 20-25 minutes.