Try these chipolte pork and veal meatballs for a week day meal.
2 Tbsp rice bran oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 tsp chipolte seasoning
2 240 grams tins of tomato
500 grams pork and veal mince
1 small carrot, grated
2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 sweet potato, peeled, chopped
500 grams potatoes, peeled, chopped
- In a bowl add mince, chipolte seasoning, dried parsley, fresh breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.Mix all together until combined.
Make 16 small meatballs.
- Prepare your vegetables and cook your sweet potatoes and potatoes. Make potato mash.
- In a non stick fry pan. Add oil on medium high heat. Cook meatballs for 5-10 minutes or until light golden.
- In anther fry pan, add 1 tsp oil and cooked onion for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- In a saucepan, add tin tomatoes and heat through.
- Add cooked onion. When meatballs are all browned, add to tomato sauce and simmer for 15 minutes, to finish .
- Serve with mash potato and sweet potato.