These are easy to make and taste great. I made these to go with the savoury mince recipe.
1/2 cup warm water
7 grams dry yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour, extra for dusting
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, stir the warm water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt. Add yeast mixture and 2 teaspoons of oil. Transfer dough to floured surface and knead for 3 minutes to form a smooth elastic dough.
- Divide dough into 4 balls. Place balls on an oiled baking tray and rub the dough balls lightly with oil. Cover with a warm damp cloth and allow to rise in a warm spot for 45 minutes.
- Pre heat a large grill or fry pan on medium high.
- On a floured surface , roll each dough ball into thin 30 cm x 13 cm rough ovals.
- Brush the breads with oil for 40 seconds. Turn over add more oil and cook for 40 seconds or until cooked through and grill marks form. Place on a plate and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
Can make a day ahead and store in air tight container. Reheat wrapped in foil, in oven at 170C.