This is a easy and very tasty fruit loaf. This is a firm family favourite .
15 minutes + 40 minutes first rise. + 40 minutes second rise.
300 mls luke warm water
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp dried yeast
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 cups gourmet fruit mix, I add any dried fruit I have in the cupboard.
3 cups plain flour, use 1 cup to mix dried fruit in
- In a jug, add the water with the dried yeast and brown sugar. Mix all together and than in a warm place allow to rest for the yeast to rise.
About 5-10 minutes. Add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil to the yeast mix.
- In a an electric mixer, with the dough hook. Add the flour and salt to the bowl. Make sure to add the salt on one side and the yeast mix on the other side. Then add the yeast mix to the flour.
I add 1 cup of the flour mix to a separate bowl and then add the fruit mix and mix in the flour.
- In the bowl add the all the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients and mix in the mixer for 12 minutes until all the dough is thoroughly mixed and the dough is smooth. If the dough is too wet, you can add more flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time until the dough is smooth.
- In a bowl, oil the bowl with olive oil. Add the dough and allow to rise for 40 minutes first rise. Cover with glad wrap in a warm place.
- After first rise, deflate dough and knead slightly and then add dough into a loaf tin that is sprayed with baking spray. Add dough to the tin and than second rise for 40 minutes. Cover with glad wrap and let rise in a warm place.
- After second rise. Preheat oven to 230 C. Put the risen dough into the hot oven and bake for 30 minutes. Bread is cooked when the bread is golden on top and sounds hollow when tapped .
Turn out onto a cake rack to cool completely.