A quick an easy stir fry that can be whipped up in 25 minutes.
2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp dried chillies
2 cloves garlic
1 large head broccoli
4 spring onions
70 grams vegetable oil
50 grams roasted cashews
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and 60 ml /1/4 cup water in a small bowl.
- Cut broccoli into small florets. Trim the green tops from the spring onions. Cut remaining spring onions into 5 cm lengths and set aside in a bowl .
- Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add half the chicken . Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to wok and heat. then add broccoli and garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes or until broccoli is almost tender.
- Return chicken to wok with spring onions and soy sauce mixture , and stir fry until chicken is heated through. Spoon stir fry into bowls , then scatter over cashews and serve with jasmine rice.