The teriyaki sauce gives this Japanese twist on tasty beef skewers
500 grams rump steak, cut into bite sized chunks
80 mls teriyaki sauce
250 grams snow peas, halved lengthways
1 mango, sliced thin strips
50 grams mixed salad leaves
4 potatoes, baked in oven
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp mirin ( sweet Japanese rice wine)
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Bake your potatoes in the oven or microwave, or if you have an air fryer, you could cook them in the air fryer . To cook potatoes in air fryer. Wash potatoes and pat dry. Spray cooking spray all over the potatoes and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the potatoes. Cook for 40 minutes. Check and turn potatoes as they cook. They should be cooked after you put a fork through and the potatoes are soft. If not cooked, cook for another 5-10 minutes, checking every 3 minutes.
- Put cut chunks of rump steak in a bowl and add the teriyaki sauce . Allow to marinate for 10 minutes. When marinated thread the rump steak chunks on 8 metal skewers.
- In a large pan or grill on medium high heat. Cook the beef skewers on all sides until cooked to your liking. Do this in batches and cover skewers to keep warm.
- While skewers are cooking, make dressing by mixing all the ingredients together. Cut up the mango and snowpeas into thin strips.Mix these with the salad leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to salad and toss gently.
- Serve these on a plate with the salad and baked potato and 2 skewers.