Chicken Lo Mein
For your take away graving, it would be hard to pass up this chicken lo mein dish, that is simple and easy to make at home.
- 225 grams chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 400 grams thin hokkien noodles ( I use a Wokka ready noodle)
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- In a medium bowl , combine the chicken with 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, oil and water. In a wok or deep fry pan over high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and cook chicken for 2 minutes until browned. Remove from the wok, and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the wok and add the garlic, cook for 20 seconds and add the cabbage and carrots. Stir fry for 1 minute on high and than add the rice wine vinegar around the perimeter of the wok.
- Add the noodles and chicken back to the wok and mix well from the bottom. If the noodles are sticking together, add 1/4 cup water to loosen them up.
- Cover wok with a lid for 1 minute. Remove lid and add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and sugar. Stir fry for 30 seconds, add the scallions. Stir fry for 30 seconds and then serve.