Best Pistachio and Raspberry Semifreddo
This is a semifreddo which is normally made in a loaf tin, but I made in a dome shape. It is light and creamy and delicious. Give this dessert a try or make it with what flavours you like.
- 500 grams La Casa Del Formaggio double cream
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 egg yolks
- 45 grams pistachios
- 2 punnets fresh raspberries or frozen
- icing sugar
- 25 grams plain flour
- 35 grams caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 grams hazelnut meal, blanched hazelnuts
- 15 gram cocoa powder
- Line a 1 litre loaf tin with plastic wrap. I decided to use a 6 large dome mould to make this in.
- Whisk egg, egg yolks and honey in a bowl over a saucepan of gently boiling water until mixture is pale and thick, approximately 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Gently stir double cream through the egg mixture. and add raspberries and pistachios (reserve some of each to serve). Pour into tin or dome, cover fully with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process till combines and resembles soil. Use this to decorate your dessert, we covered ours with a mirror glaze and decorated with a raspberry gel and dragonfruit.