These are another biscuit I grew up with. They are two rounds of a short type biscuit with one half cut with a hole in the centre of the biscuit. You spread whole biscuit with jam and top with the biscuit with the hole.
- 125 grams butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- raspberry jam for filling
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and lemon zest and beat well. Sift flour and baking powder together. Mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Knead well. On a lightly floured board, roll out to 4 mm thickness. cut out rounds using a 7 cm cutter. Cut a 1 cm hole in the centre of half the biscuits. Place on lined trays. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- When cold , spread whole biscuits with jam and top with biscuits with the hole in them. Makes 22.