Crispy chicken with coconut rice and stir fry vegetables
I love curry and chicken, so I decided to cook these drumsticks in the Massaman curry paste . Served it along with coconut rice and stir fry vegetables.
- 8 chicken drumsticks or other chicken pieces, with skin on
- 4 Tbsp Massaman curry paste
- 2 bunches bok choy, bottom cut
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup white Basmati rice, or what ever rice you have
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Coat drumsticks with the Massaman curry paste. Cook in oven at 180C for 30 minutes, or when chicken is cooked.
- In a medium pot add the vegetable stock, and 200 mls of the coconut milk. Bring rice to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 14 minutes. When cooked and liquid has reduced, leave in the pot for 5 minutes. then fluff up with a fork. Keep warm.
- Cut vegetables and stirfry in a pan for 1-2 minutes. Add some stock to help with the cooking of the vegetables. When cooked serve. Serve on a plate with the coconut rice, stir fry vegetables and drumsticks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!