Shortbread dipped in chocolate
Shortbread is a family favourite. this shortbread is buttery in taste, but not crumbly. The addition of melted white chocolate makes it inviting.
- 340grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250 grams white chocolate melts
- any colourful decorations you like
- Preheat oven 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment mix butter & sugar till just combined. Add vanilla. Sift the flour & salt, then add to the butter & sugar mix. Mix on a low speed until the dough comes together. On a dusted surface, shape the dough into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic & chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to ½ “thickness. Cut out finger shapes or what-ever shape you like. Place on a lined baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges slightly brown. Allow to cool to room temp. You can dip these cookies in melted chocolate or just leave plain.