Shortbread dipped in chocolate
Shortbread is a family favourite. this shortbread is buttery in taste, but not crumbly. The addition of melted white chocolate makes it inviting.
- 340grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250 grams white chocolate melts
- any colourful decorations you like
- Preheat oven 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment mix butter & sugar till just combined. Add vanilla. Sift the flour & salt, then add to the butter & sugar mix. Mix on a low speed until the dough comes together. On a dusted surface, shape the dough into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic & chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to ½ “thickness. Cut out finger shapes or what-ever shape you like. Place on a lined baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges slightly brown. Allow to cool to room temp. You can dip these cookies in melted chocolate or just leave plain.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!