Walnut and Rosemary Biscuits
These are a really nice tasting biscuit that has the flavour of walnut and rosemary. they can be eaten with a soft mild cheese or just as nice on their own.
- 325 grams plain flour
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 3 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 50 grams chopped walnuts
- sea salt flakes
- In a food processor, blitz the flour and butter to a breadcrumb stage. Add the yolks, sugar and rosemary and blitz again briefly to form a dough. Empty the dough on to a floured surface and gently knead the walnuts into the dough. Shape into a sausage approximately 4-5 cm in diameter, wrap in cling wrap and chill for an hour or so.
- While the dough is chilling, heat your oven to 170C. Remove the dough log from the fridge, unwrap and slice it into biscuits roughly 1/2cm thick and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with the flaked sea salt.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden. These biscuits don’t spread much, if at all, so you can bake quite a few at a time. Once out of the oven , leave them for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before gently removing them to a rack to cool completely.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!