Spicy Cumin Lamb Noodles
- 600 grams cooked udon noodles
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Sichuan seasoning
- 200 grams lamb fillet, thinly sliced
- 300 grams Asian greens, eg baby bok choy, Chinese spinach
- 1/2 carrot , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 fried eggs
- Soften the udon noodles according to packet directions. In a pot of simmering water, add the noodles gently so as not to break them up. As soon as the noodles pull apart, drain them and toss with sesame oil.
- In a pan, toast your Sichuan and cumin seeds in a dry frying pan, over medium heat until they just start to smoke. Use a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to grind to a fine powder.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over high heat. Add the garlic and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the lamb and stir fry for a minute or until lamb is almost cooked. Add the pepper and cumin spice powder and stir fry for another 30 seconds. Add the Asian greens, cooked noodles, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes until well combined and the noodles are evenly coated with the sauce. Remove from the heat. Divide the noodles between the bowls. Top with a fried egg and spring onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!