This is my take on Chicken caesar salad. A lovely side salad or a light and fulfilling main meal.
2 chicken breasts , sliced into strips
4 rashers bacon, cut into strips
1 cos lettuce, washed
4 slices stale bread , cut into cubes and browned in a pan
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ cucumber, sliced
2 eggs , soft boiled
2 avocados, cut into chunks
Caesar dressing, store brought or homemade
Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional- make a marinade for chicken or just cook as normal in a pan.
- Cut bread into croutons and brown in a pan on the stove or alternatively bake in a 150 C oven until golden in colour.
- Cook bacon and then cut into strips.
- Cook eggs in a pan, bring water to the boil and place eggs in pot then boil for 7 mins then remove and peel. They should be soft runny yolks.
- Wash and clean cos lettuce and shred by hand and put into a bowl. When all other ingredients have been done either dress individual salads in own bowls and top with chicken and Caesar dressing.
Season with salt and pepper.