Teriyaki chicken pieces
Tender and juicy teriyaki chicken ready in 15 minutes. Your family will love this recipe. It’s much better than the take-out. You can use this to make skewers if you like.
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 500 grams skinless chicken thighs( I didn’t have chicken thighs, so I used pieces instead).
- In a bowl, add all the teriyaki sauce ingredients and mix well. Take out 1/3 cup from the sauce and keep aside to brush the chicken pieces or skewers later.
- Add the chicken pieces or thighs to the teriyaki sauce and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes before using, it will prevent the skewers from burning while grilling the chicken.
- Thread chicken onto the skewers and keep them aside.
- Add oil to a flat pan and turn on the heat to medium. For this step, I heated oil in a large non-stick frypan and cooked the chicken until the chicken is cooked.
- When oil is hot, place the chicken skewers on the pan. Flip the chicken skewers when the bottom is light brown. Brush the chicken with the reserved teriyaki sauce and continue cooking. Keep turning the chicken skewers and brushing them with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken skewers over plain rice, fried rice, or vegetables.