Glazed Chicken Wings
Glazed chicken wings with a barbeque sauce. These are a simple and easy dish to make, the longest time is frying.
- 1 kg chicken wing pieces, drummettes, and or wingettes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup cornflour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 cup of bbq sauce you prefer
- Combine the chicken wings with salt and pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the salt to penetrate.
- Dust each chicken wing in the cornflour, being sure to tap off any excess.
- For the BBq glaze, combine the ingredients in a bowl and set them aside for later.
- Fill a wok or a saucepan to about 1/3 capacity with vegetable oil. Heat over high heat. The oil is hot enough when a wooden spoon dipped into the oil forms small little bubbles. Cook the chicken in batches for about 15 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the oil to heat up again. Then add the chicken pieces back into the oil and cook for another 10 minutes or until crispy and golden colour. Drain on paper towel.
- Brush the wings with the BBQ sauce glaze.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!