Easy Soft Flatbread
These are one of the easiest flatbread recipes I have made. The fact that no yeast is present and the rest time is only 30 minutes. They are so soft and tasty and you can enjoy them with any type of filling.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp oil, for cooking
- Melt butter in milk, can be in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Combine flour,salt, butter and milk in a bowl.
- Knead on a floured surface for a few minutes until it is smooth.Wrap with cling wrap and rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 4 rounds, and then roll out into about 1/8" thickness.Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat and cook for around 1-11/2 minutes, it should bubble up, then flip and cook the other side, pressing down if it puffs up. Keep wrapped in a tea towel, the moisture helps soften the surface.