Mango and Apple Chutney
This is a nice easy chutney to make. I used it to accompany crumbed chicken schnitzels.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 whole fresh mango, peeled, pitted, cut into small dice
- 1 small apple, chopped into small dice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1//4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Add all the ingredients into a heavy based saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until fruit softens and thickens. Put into a bowl and cool completely. Refrigerate covered for 1 month.
You must be logged in to post a comment.