Polish Kolaczki is Little, sweet bites with a pastry made from beaten butter and cream cheese combined with all-purpose flour, the result a crunchy pastry filled with a prepared fruit filling. These cookies are eaten and enjoyed at christmas.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz butter, room temperature
- jam filling ie: apricot, raspberry
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until light and fluffy.Add flour 1 cup at a time, continuously mixing until well combined.
- Tightly wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Roll out chilled dough ¼-inch thick on a lightly dusted surface with confectioners’ and granulated sugars. Avoid using flour – sugar will prevent the dough from sticking.
- Cut dough into 2-inch squares and drop ½ – 1 teaspoon of the fruit filling into center of each square. Overlap opposite corners of dough to cover the center, over filling. Gently press dough on each side or lightly brush with beaten egg whites to seal.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line baking trays with parchment paper.Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before sprinkling icing sugar over top.